Mexican Un-Fried Ice Cream
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 17g
Saturated Fat 9g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrates 68g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- French Vanilla Ice Cream
- 4 Old El Paso Smart Fiesta Flour Tortillas
Butter Rum Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Rum
- 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- Cut the tortillas into triangles and fry in a little oil until golden brown.
- Toss in a cinnamon and sugar mixture to coat.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add rum.
- Return to heat and light with a BBQ lighter (if liquid is super hot the alcohol may automatically light)
- Simmer until flame subsides and mixture is the consistency of a thick syrup.
- Place 2 scoops of ice cream in a bowl. Top with syrup and garnish with cinnamon sugar tortilla triangles.
Vintage Kitchen Cooks http://www.vintagekitchencooks.com/