I thought long and hard before posting another maple recipe right after the one a couple of weeks ago, but I couldn’t resist sharing this now. Must admit, may have outdone myself with this one. Even the Pip Squeak loved it!
Maple Cashew Salmon
A perfect combination of crispy cashew coating and sweet maple drizzle!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 21g
Saturated Fat 6g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrates 27g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 16 ounces salmon fillet
- 1/2 cup cashew flour
- 2 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- rice, to serve
For the Salmon
- Season the cashew flour well with salt and pepper.
- Dredge salmon in flour mixture.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon butter in a heavy frying pan.
- Brown salmon for 4 minutes on first side. Turn over and brown an additional 3-4 minutes until cooked through and salmon flakes easily with a fork.
For the Maple Drizzle
- Mix remaining 1 Tablespoon of butter and Maple syrup in a small saucepan.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes until bubbly and thickened.
- Serve salmon over rice and drizzle with maple butter sauce.
Vintage Kitchen Cooks http://www.vintagekitchencooks.com/