Curried Chicken Quinoa Pilaf
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 75
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrates 47g
Dietary Fiber 8g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, chopped fine
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 19 ounce can black beans (or pigeon peas), drained and rinsed
- In a large pot, brown chicken in 1 Tablespoon of the oil.
- Set aside.
- Sautee onion and mushroom in remaining oil.
- Add curry powder and return chicken to pot.
- Add quinoa and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until broth is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork and stir in corn and beans.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Vintage Kitchen Cooks http://www.vintagekitchencooks.com/